Monday, June 30, 2008

Some Exciting News...





Hello, All!

A few new updates--first off, the author is going to become a grandmother! ...Which means that the illustrator is pregnant (Hooray!). The baby will be due around December 20th.

The Ernest Project is still plugging along. I've started inking in a new illustration, and will begin adding the watercolor when I've finished the background.

The above illustration is titled: "Ernest Singing Leaf Songs". I wanted to do this one for a few different reasons--First, I wanted to start getting a feel for the scale of Ernest's world (he and his family are dormouse sized), to get a finished shot of Ernest with is mouth open and of his little mouse teeth, to start the arduous process of figuring out the books color scheme, and lets face it, a tiny mouse singing songs about Autumn leaves is just plain fun!

After I showed the author this illustration, she came up with a few verses that Ernest would sing about fall leaves:

Red leaf! yellow leaf!
Falling all around!
Brown leaf! Orange leaf!
Falling upside-down!

1 comment:

  1. Phenomenal work! I love the rich colors and the stuffed bunny under his arm. I'm sure the book will be excellent!

    ReplyDelete