Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Small Things...

I recently finished an experiment in making backgrounds using watercolors and masking fluid.  I kept fiddling with it (adding color pencil, gold ink and finally some faux gold leaf) and it turned out decent enough to present to someone.  I thought it would make a nice surprise for my Dad, so I took some photos of it and sent it to him.  At first I figured I would just take a picture of it while it was still attached to the watercolor block (see below, top)...


...but after cutting it free of the block and trimming it down to the right size (see above, second picture down), I realized that the composition of the piece had changed, so I took another picture.


I then framed it, and that changed it again (or at least made it look 'finished'), so I took another picture.



I had forgotten how much the little things affect an artwork.

Here are a few close-ups of the piece.  The title I gave it is "Quimbly the Fire Mouse."



No comments:

Post a Comment